Sunday, July 13, 2008

Playing Dress up

We went to Wyoming and dressed up like pioneers and pulled hand carts. Just something you do everyday, right? Well, I thought it would be fun to show you how I would've looked as a pioneer (in a blouse from Target).

This is my rustic man Doug looking studly in those suspenders--I actually loved the suspenders. It made the outfit!

We did some good old fashioned square dancing with a missionary calling the moves. It was so fun! I loved it and thought it was so great to do it in my skirt and bonnet!

Our campfire to get warm--it was almost 90 degrees during the day and close to freezing at night. Talk about some crazy temperature shifts. This was only June--can't imagine what it was like coming through this area without shoes in October like some handcart pioneers did. It was amazing to think of it in my sleeping bag with socks and pants on and unable to sleep because I was too cold.


We took a hike to Martin's Cove when we had a break (just Doug and I) and saw this antelope just chillin' and not caring that we were there.


Here I am posing with me my bug spray--we carried it with us everywhere. The mosquitos were so bad. We had a great time seeing the areas where the handcart companies came through and where so many were buried. It was sad and get peaceful...they gave their all for what they knew was true. They knew they gave their lives because of their faith.

2 comments:

Meggin said...

Hey, thanks for sending us the link to your blog! Now we can check in with you! Looks like you guys had fun on your trek!

Chris Keller said...

Whoo Hoo Heather! You look great and I can't believe all of the "roughin it" you have been doing. You are awesome. That bonnet looks fabulous on you! Look forward to seeing you soon.
Sar