It has been 6 days of being nervous. I was pretty sure I was only feeling one of the two babies kicking. Last night I realized how upset I was about it--I was having a hard time falling asleep with pictures in my mind of one baby alive and the other, not. Doug tried to comfort me and tell me that everything was okay. I've never been pregnant before so I don't know what things "should" feel like. What I did know is that the babies had moved, my belly had dropped lower, and I wasn't feeling the strong jabs from the baby boy.
I called my doctor this morning and the nurse said to come in for an "emergency appointment" and have a brief ultrasound. My mom was kind enough to come with me...so grateful. Doug had a final exam during my appointment time. It's amazing--I hadn't realized how emotional I had become about the idea of something being wrong. Even though I knew we'd bring home one baby in a few months--the idea of losing one of them was such an awful feeling. It reminded me of all the emotion I had during in-vitro...wondering if it would "work".
The doctor came in and was only there for 2-3 minutes and said, "yup--I see two good heart beats, breathing, and movement." They were both still there! I think I sighed about 12 times on the way home to my house...over and over again. What a relief! Thank goodness for ultrasound technology.
Here is the latest belly photo--taken today. I am 25 weeks and feeling good!
You can tell what I was watching on TV in the background. One of my favorite shows--Family Feud. Doug LOVES that there are like 3 shows on in a row everyday after work. It's his favorite! I have it on in the background while I make some dinner for myself.
7 comments:
Thank you for posting. I have been thinking about you and "Oscar". Glad you went in for the appointment - such a relief.
PHEW! so glad that everything is still going well!
So fun to see you pregnant. YOu look so cute.
So glad to hear everything is good. Such a worry, but ohhhh, so, so, worth it! Love ya, Jacki
Few! You made me nervous just reading the post. Good call seeing the doctor. Peace of mind means so much!!! Glad they are both doing well. Love you. Sar
so glad everything is okay in there with baby boy! you look adorable and so small! love you!
Hi Heather! I just found you via Tiffany's facebook post about Be Well. :) You look incredible! Congratulations on your babies. I bet your doctor would let you come in anytime to hear your babies heartbeats. They did that for me everytime I got nervous. I can't imagine carrying twins. How exciting!! GOOD LUCK LADY! :)
Post a Comment