Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Big day in the Marchant house

The past year has been consumed by Doug's work on his dissertation. His prospectus is a huge chunk of his dissertation that he needs to complete prior to doing his research, analyzing it and then finishing the dissertation as well as Doug being able to submit internship applications. Today, he met with his committee of faculty members to defend his 107 page prospectus in hopes of gaining their approval with a "pass" so he can move forward with his research and we can go on internship next fall (2012). Today was d-day and I am happy to share that Doug passed with flying colors! The committee requested very few revisions and we couldn't be happier, and we feel so blessed. We are so glad to have this chapter behind us tonight!!

Ethan, Sydney, and I surprised Doug as he walked out of the building on campus talking to me on the phone. We took him out to dinner to celebrate with some yummy Mexican food--our favorite.



I think we'll be celebrating until New Years here and in Hawaii.



No comments: