Friday, September 9, 2011

First sighting

I am terrified to see a cockroach.  Terrified.  Thursday night we were so tired and told eachother that we would go to bed early, for sure.  Just before 9 pm, something flew into the living room (our room as well).  I jumped up and Doug said it looked like a moth, but I wasn't convinced.  Doug went to the laundry room to throw in the last load of cat-smelling linens and saw a cockroach in one of the towels in our 'hamper' (a large tupperware bin).  He went outside to shake out the towel and somehow knocked the same laundry detergent that spilled open at Costco.  We had a flood of detergent on the floor and began clean-up.  Without spatulas, I used rice cooker paddles and scooped it into some tupperware containers.

We tried to laugh about it, and we did.  I just had to get over the fact that we were living with those nasty cockroaches.  Nasty.

1 comment:

Judy said...

The idea of cockroaches is gross. My daughter just found a scorpion in her house in AZ.Kind of freaky with a crawling baby. I hope that stuff doesn't spoil the fun of being there!