Being a mom can be so busy and yet so mundane. A few highlights from this week that kept us smiling.
Hair styling
Sydney loves to do my hair. I had just finished my workout and felt so glamorous to take photos, but knew I needed catch these sweet moments on camera. She put SEVERAL bands in my hair that Doug gave me for running. I think I had 6 in my hair. She's so fun.
Games
I told them we could play a game for mommy time on Tuesday and they chose a dice game with a tin full of 50+ dice. We played a version of Yahtzee that they loved. They just loved rolling the dice into the tin--loudly.
Messes
Thursday I was preparing lunch when Sydney came over and grabbed a cup full of green smoothie that I had just grabbed out of the fridge. It was not a happy moment. I had to take off every piece of clothing she was wearing--she was covered.
Green Fuzz
They found a piece of green 'fuzz' that must have fallen off of their stuffed animal (green dragon) and were entertained for an hour. While I was working out, they grabbed my hair dryer and plugged it in the family room and began blowing it around and squealing with excitement.
Dress up
We also had some dress-up time. Ethan said, "mom, I look so fancy!" and I had to grab my camera. They are both loving "matching" their clothes, socks, and accessories lately.
Treats
Friday morning, I let them have a cupcake from my work meeting Thursday night. They loved it. These are real treats in our house--they don't eat these sweets that often.
My life as a mom sure had it's fun moments this week. I am so excited that it's getting warmer and we have been able to spend time outdoors! Cannot wait for more of that.







1 comment:
I just have to say how great you are at blogging the day to day joys of life=)
Post a Comment