Saturday, June 1, 2013

Playing at home

We aren't going anywhere these days.  Adjusting to bringing three kids in three car seats (with 2 active toddlers) seems overwhelming.  I called my sister, Tiffany, Monday to see what she was doing and her kids came to hang out for a bit on the new swing set "Lyla" gave Ethan and Sydney so they could play while I fed her. There are no windows in sight from a camp chair in our fenced backyard, so I can sit outside and feed her while they play.  Win-win!  They came inside and watched a YouTube video of some pre-teen girls singing "What Makes you Beautiful".  They were so focused.


In other entertainment news, Ethan and Sydney discovered our magnet we bought when living in Hawaii of a ukulele.  They were thrilled that they could 'play' it.  I was laughing so hard inside and trying to contain it.



When they had to take turns with the magnet guitar, Ethan brought out the big guns with another toy guitar.


This swing set was a great idea!  Now if we can get the teeter-totter and glider assembled to add to it...


The twins think it's so fun to stick their fingers in Lyla's mouth and have her suck on them.  I have them wash their hands "with soap" and end up letting them do it.  This could be a big mistake.  Syd let Lyla' suck on her thumb as Syd still finds it pretty tasty.


I laughed when I found Lyla sleeping like this--she had rolled onto her tummy from her side and her face was smashed into her bean bag head support thing (NICU secret they use to help baby's feel like they're being held).  It was just cute.


No comments: