Sunday, September 2, 2007

Australian Memories


One of my favorite families from my mission in Sydney, Australia was the Torrens family. When I first came to Nowra, I met Sister Torrens. Her family didn't come to church. She came as often as she could. It was a long trip from Kangaroo Valley to Nowra to go to church. We started going out to the breath-taking Valley regularly. Sis. Torrens would make us dinner and we would share a message with her family. Bro. Kevin Torrens soon became one of my favorite people to teach. He asked passionate questions and wanted to understand why he should take time away from work to go to church on Sunday. We promised them blessings and that the Lord was mindful of them and his concerns. They took a leap of faith and he, Sis. Torrens, Josh, and Adam came to church.

Well, a few months ago I received an email from Josh. Attached was his mission call. He is about 24 and chose to serve a mission. I picked him up from their airport and took him to Temple Square. We took a few photos in the Conference Center. My brother, Matt came with me so I wouldn't be alone with him (missionary rules) and one of my former companions from Nowra works across from temple square and met us for a little bit. It was great to talk with him and catch up.

1 comment:

Our Family said...

I love all the posts! Keep it up!!