Sunday, April 3, 2011

Victory is ours

VICTORY #1: These two have been getting into everything lately. My victory is just trying to stay one step ahead of them with gates, locks, and saying "don't do that". They are my future geniuses--had to capture that with Ethan wearing my cap from high school graduation.


VICTORY #2: E&S are now 1 year old adjusted (or gestational age). Doctors all ask me their adjusted age because they were 2 months premature. A nurse has come to visit, weigh them, and answer any questions I have every month from the county health department. They contacted me because they were premature. Avon has been really helpful. This last week was her last appointment and I was a little sad to see her go. I asked if she would take a photo with them and she was kind enough to humor me.


VICTORIES #3-5: Life around this house lately has been anything but boring. I declared "a healthy house" on Sunday when no one was really officially sick! I woke up Monday morning at 4 am with the flu and said, "you've got to be kidding me." I was lucky--it only lasted 24 hours. I found myself laying on the floor while E&S crawled all over me because I didn't feel like doing anything. Being a mom and being sick is awful.

Thursday morning, I went into get Sydney from her crib (Ethan had been awake for at least an hour, as usual) and she gave me the biggest smiles...with puke in her hair! It was all over her bedding and I stook there, stunned, for a moment not knowing what to do. After an hour of bathing, washing (thanks to my neighbor, Mandy, who saw me outside not knowing what to do and hooked up her hose for me) and cleaning I declared a victory over my first child puking!

Friday morning, Doug woke up with the flu and stayed home from work. We had two 'sickies' that day.



Saturday Doug and Sydney both seemed better!  I declare victory over the flu...as long as Ethan doesn't get it.  So far so good!

VICTORY #6: Another victory is that Doug and I finally made a choice as to Doug's externship this Fall.  We will be going to Laie, Hawaii for Fall semester (Sept-Dec) and Doug will be working at BYU-Hawaii in the counseling center and teaching a class. We are so excited for the 3-month adventure.
VICTORY #7: My last victory of note is that I have tackled some of my fears with work and getting trained. I work at night when Doug is home and mostly lock myself in our bedroom (with the air purifier running to drown out their squeals) so I can make some calls. I've been overwhelmed by the expectations on my time from work but this week, I have gained confidence in my abilites. Woo hoo!

No comments: