Saturday, May 4, 2013

Horse show

In an effort to get out of the house today for Doug to work, I met up with my sister, Sarah, and her family for the afternoon.  We went to a horse show after lunch ang had to do some deep breathing with all the dirt and manure.  Sydney went close to a stall and thought it was awesome that the horse touched her head with his mouth--over and over.  She had green slime in her hair and was grinning from ear to ear.  She said she wanted to ride a horse.  

I told her "you need to learn how." 
She said, "I already know how."
I said, "How do you do it then?"
Sydney, "Hold on to the handles."
I showed her a horse with no saddle and said, "there are no handles on this horse, how would you ride it?"
That settled that.

An old college friend spotted me and it was so fun to catch up with her.  Her daughter rides and let Ethan and Sydney take a turn on sitting on the horse.  I was relieved that Sydney would stop asking me for a ride.


Ethan was a bit anxious when the horse started stepping a bit when he got on the horse.  His face was so concerned, yet not terrified.




Sydney later said she wanted to eat the horse's food and I tried to explain to her (several time) that she couldn't eat it.  "Horses don't eat our kind of food." She was adamant that she could eat their hay and was in tears that I told her no.  I finally convinced her by showing her hay that was under manure.  Whew.

No comments: