Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Keeping busy

These last few weeks of pregnancy are starting to go very slowly.  We stay home mostly, play outside, and read lots of books.  I've turned on more 'shows' and movies.  Their favorites are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Max and Ruby, and Bubble Guppies.  They have become obsessed with Sound of Music and love all the songs.  One of their new favorite things is to read to eachother while one uses the toilet.  They did this all on their own and would read stories they knew well or makeup the content of the pages.  It was so fun to listen to while I cleaned up breakfast in the kitchen.  Love their creative minds!


They also have gone in my room several times and read books to eachother.  They are best friends.  (Doug's sister, Tonya, let us borrow two dresses from their 'dress up' bin.  Ethan has been in heaven with this particular dress and will show me regularly how well it 'twirls'.)


We've done our marching band regularly as well.  I had to laugh when I had the drums this week though as the drums hit my belly just right--at a 45 degree angle.


We've done a sticker chart that has worked really well! They have to earn stickers by doing different things (pictured at the top).  We wanted to get them a second plasma car and decided to have them earn it.  They've 'earned' everything--including new underwear!


We took the two plasma cars out for a spin immediately around the block.  They were in heaven!




No comments: