Sunday, November 28, 2010

Give Thanks

Doug and I went took turns attending our church meetings today as both babies have yet another cold.  I attended Sacrament meeting and listened a couple speak about gratitude.  They have just moved into the neighborhood.  I walked out the door a better person.  The husband is in a wheelchair from a motorcycle accident that left him paralyzed from the shoulders down--unable to use his arms.  The accident happened when they had been married only 11 months.  Every quote, experience, story, scriptural example they shared on gratitude left me feeling so much gratitude for the many blessings in my life. 

Here are a few blessings:
These two cute muffins are 10 months old.  My camera battery died after the first attempt at a photo of them before they went to bed.  Sydney fell backward just before I snapped the shot, but it will do.  They are getting so big and so fun.  It seems like most days I look down at a sleeping baby in my arms and I can't believe that I am a mom!  They bring so much laughter and sweetness into our home.


I love living close to family.  We spent Thanksgiving day with my parents, grandparents, and my brother, Matt.  My mom is one of the best cooks I know.  She spent more time and effort to make a dairy-free option for me for just about every dish on the table.  She is amazing.


Thanksgiving night I thought I'd snap a shot of my very tired husband who had made pumpkin pie for me(dairy free) the night before and woke up to bring the stuffing over to my parent's house early the next morning.  He is my best friend.


We had a great time introducing Ethan and Sydney to their first U of U party at Doug's brother's house Saturday.  We have so many generous people in our lives--one of them is a family friend who gave E & S these adorable Utah sweatshirts (and beanies not pictured).  Doug jumped at the chance to get them dressed for the day before the big BYU/Utah game.  Go UTES!


Doug was so dedicated to watching the game that he rocked E&S in their seats to put them to sleep for their naps.  They don't transition well into their carseats to stay asleep.  I can barely carry them together like that anymore.  Pretty soon I'll need to take one seat to the car at a time.  They are getting pretty heavy.  Doug is almost like a second mother to them.  He is up with them a lot at night so I can make it through the next day.  I am so lucky.

3 comments:

Taylor's said...

Your hubby is going to have amazing arms if he keeps it up with the carseat swings!

Aaron & Michelle said...

They are so adorable and I am so glad that you are a Mom. Glad you had a good Thanksgiving. Love you.

Melissa said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! They are adorable!