Friday, March 29, 2013

Brynlee

I kept it a secret from Ethan and Sydney that their friend Brynlee would be coming into town this week for a few days.  I told them when they woke up Wednesday morning that they would see her later that day.  They were thrilled!  

I had a dr appt and the baby is growing well and I have gained 25 lbs so far.  Feeling 'full' while everyone tells me I look tiny.  I am not sure how I can look tiny when I've added 25 pounds to my body, but apparently it's possible!  We still don't know a name for this little girl, but I have my favorites.  Doug isn't sold on any of them yet...bummer.

After the doctor, we met Brynlee at the park in Alpine.  Sydney had an accident at grandma's house so I stopped at the house to get a better pair of pants for her to wear.  The spare fleece ones were a little warm for the weather.  As soon as I changed her, she ran to the play ground and immediately started crying and peed her pants.  I lost it.  In front of several other parents at the park.  Not a shining moment for me, but I was completely stunned and frustrated.  I put back on her fleece pants and proceeded to remind her to go to the potty every hour.  She told me she wanted her "little potty" at our house and it became a little clearer what could be going on.  



Think he loves her much?


I had to do a quick offer on a property for work and so Kayla took Ethan and Sydney to her cousin's high school softball game for a few minutes and I joined about 30 minutes later.  I didn't realize that my cousin, Jessica, was going to be there coaching!  That was a fun surprise.  They played so hard while we sat in the warm sun.



Thursday, Brynlee joined us for some playtime while her mom, Kayla, went to the doctor.  They had a blast.


It's hard to separate Ethan from Bryn after playing so well together.  They do boss each other a bit, but they can "take it" from each other as well.


We went to another park for a few hours that afternoon as well.  They loved the swings.



That evening, Kayla and I went out for a smoothie for some time without kids, and I told her that she was joining in my celebration of making it to 32 weeks!  I delivered Ethan and Sydney at this stage of my pregnancy (at exactly 32 weeks) and was RELIEVED to have this day behind me.  I am still on high alert for pre-term labor symptoms and do NOT want to repeat another NICU stay.  Ever.

We were sad to say goodbye Thursday to Kayla and Bryn, but were happy to hear that they will be back for a visit in June.  Let the countdown begin.

No comments: