Doug's birthday today was a little crazy for me. I had big plans--a nice breakfast, decorations, yummy dinner, and a few surprise gifts. It ended up being a little stressful when my work got a bit hectic. We managed to carry out all my plans, but dinner was pretty late. :-)
Sydney woke up from a nap with some seriously crazy hair--the photo does not do it justice, but it's a start. They helped me decorate with a few streamers before Doug came home. He got off work a little early so he could celebrate with us. Doug took them outside to play in the warm sunshine while I finished dinner. I had made Doug his favorite cookies from his childhood--his grandma's boiled raisin cookies. They weren't too difficult, so maybe he can have them more than once every 5 years.
Doug couldn't decide on a dessert and ended up choosing a Marie Calendar pie. It was a hit and he enjoyed it for several days by himself (with a few nibbles from Ethan and Sydney).
I managed to surprise Doug with a homemade gift. Those are rare coming from me. I saw a fun picture frame we've had since our first month of marriage that we'd never used. It had collected some serious dust and took me a while just to clean it. There were some 'pretend' photos in it that had been taped to it and I ended up having to scour it with Goo Gone to get it off because it had been sitting for years.
I laid out several photos of our time in Hawaii last fall. Doug and I have reminisced MANY times the last several chilly months about how magical our experience was on Oahu. Ethan and Sydney helped choose the final photo and made sure that Brutus the turtle made the cut in the photos I selected for the frame.
Doug loved it. Success.


No comments:
Post a Comment