Back in Utah we buy 1 lb of pre-washed organic spinach at Costco for $3.79 or so, which be buy every week. I love green smoothies and have been making about one per day for 8+ years. After stopping at Costco and seeing the price of $6.99, I went looking for some seeds to plant. The weather is wet and 82 degrees every day now that the colder weather has arrived, so I figure we have 6 weeks until we harvest. We planted cucumber, spinach, collard greens, and kale on the side of the house that is against the ocean. I am hoping it will stay moist on its own with all the rain we've been getting!
We will be harvesting greens and cucumbers in the beginning of December and through Christmas...nuts!
2 comments:
Thanks again Heather and Doug for all you did for us. The leis (sp?) smelled so good and were so pretty. WE LOVED being with you four. Kiss those kiddos again for me along with a high five.
Love your garden! It looks pretty amazing too. Yay for growing your own food :)
Post a Comment