Monday, October 10, 2011

MRI Date

I remember my parents saying they were going on a date to 'take out the garbage' when I was a kid.  When we dropped our kids off at 6:30 am (thanks to Doug's boss, Eric, and his family for watching them) and headed to town, we said we were going on a Sunday morning date.

This MRI was very difficult to schedule and now maybe I know why. It must be a popular place for dates!  Not only did we enjoy a quiet drive, but we walked into the lobby of Invision Imaging to organic air freshners and a beautiful waiting room. Doug grabbed a box of free mints and an apple to munch on. We sat down and browsed through books about the island and added to our "Fun List" I've been keeping on my phone of things we want to do before we leave. The bathroom had folded towels as well as disposable towels and organic soaps.  Really?

The MRI was complete with dimmed lighting and a little rest (coudn't sleep with the noise of the machine), artesian water, with blankets draped over me. I could have watched TV, but opted for a little rest instead. After the scan, I was given a gift bag with 2 bottles of water, 2 hot lavender scented wash cloths (one for Doug, of course...he was on the date too!) and 2 Nike tech shirts. I joked with the receptionist that I wouldn't mind a re-scan as we left the office to head home.  Wow.



Yes, she gave me a large for Doug and a medium for me, without asking our sizes.  I would go back!

No comments: