We have some great friends on the island. Kevin and Amanda invited us to join them on a boat ride with their kids, Max and Andrew. We left from Hawaii Kai area out in a beautiful bay. It was really windy, poor Sydney. I held her a lot with her nose tucked into my neck. They had a great time.
The 'boys' got in for some snorkeling and spotted a turtle that they swam with and followed for a pretty long time. Amanda and I handled the chaos that 3 toddlers and one infant bring to a boat on open ocean.
Matt got in the water rather reluctantly--even though it's snowing in Salt Lake and the water is 70 degrees or so here.
Ethan and Max were buds on the boat.
We ate lunch on the boat in the marina where the wind was much more tame and enjoyed looking at the shops and beautiful homes along the water. Just as we were coming into dock, Sydney threw one of their snack containers in the water. Kevin circled so we could grab it but after 2 passes and misses, I jumped in the water and was disgusted by how shallow the water was and all the muck touching my legs. I climbed up soaking wet just as we came into dock. It was a fun ride.

No comments:
Post a Comment