Doug and I went to the hospital for their 1 pm feeding today. Their nurse let me hold them both at the same time for a fun photo since neither of them were showing signs that they were ready to eat. Instead, they were sound asleep.
Both of them gained 30 grams--Ethan at 1770 and Sydney to 1700. That's Ethan at 3 lb 14.5 oz and Sydney at 3 lb 12 oz! We're a day or two away from 4 pounds!
They are also turning down the temperature on their beds because they are maintaining their body temperature better. As they improve, they'll move them to an open bed instead of an incubator.
Here's some photos from our afternoon visit. I may post more tonight and add to these...we'll see. Sydney while I was still holding her brother.
Ethan's chin on his sister's shoulder with a little hug. So adorable.
Wish I could say this just happened...it was a bit staged (okay, a lot staged).
Our double hold. I had to have Doug's help as they moved their heads. We have to keep their airway open when we hold them. That's probably the most stressful part about it. If they bend their neck down, they have a hard time breathing and their monitors start beeping. Doug is a great help. I couldn't hold them at the same time without him sitting next to me.
5 comments:
They are so sweet! It was fun to see everyone looking in the window that came to visit...it looked like it was out of a movie or something. Those babies sure are loved. Can't wait till they hit 4 pounds this week!! You are Doug are looking great as well. Love you loads.
I'm getting where I have to read what is going on with the Marchant Family every day! I am so excited at the progress these little darlings are making! Heather, thank you for explaining things so well.....I never knew all the things that the hospital staff watch for in caring for these children. It is very interesting. Just for your information, the Annie that you mention several times is known by Terri. I'm not sure if Terri has worked with her or not....(I think so...) but somehow she knows Annie. Terri says that she is very very good with what she does. She is one of the top in her field......So you have one of the very best helping you thru this adventure......Just thought you would like to know.
Keep up the fabulous progress!
Love you!!
Angie
Congratulations, they are so beautiful!!!
Your pictures are fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing their progress. We love checking your blog. What a great looking family you four make! Love you! Janet
hi! I also check almost daily your blog... I told your brother Matt I'd keep him informed bout the babies but now I do it just to see how they are doing, I can´t wait to see them out of the hospital... they are so cute... congratulations!
Cesar
Post a Comment