Monday, February 22, 2010

Ethan-no more bradys

Imagine that the date above says Sunday because we got home too late to blog Sunday. Ethan and Sydney had a great feeding at 10 am today with Ethan taking 22 cc and Sydney 12 cc. They also gained quite a bit of weight. Ethan gained a record-breaking 112 grams to 2530 or 5 lbs 9 oz (with the cast). That's a quarter pound of weight gain! Sydney gained 30 cc to 2310 or 5 lbs and nearly 2 oz. Their lab work results came back showing that they still need more calcium for bone growth, so they are now giving them calcium with their feedings.

Ethan continues to have bradys (bradycardia) every day. I wrote a quick note to him on his cast--another subliminal message. "I am done with bradys". Hopefully he catches on.

We went back at 7 pm tonight to two very sleepy babies and chose to hang around until 10 pm. Both babies woke up but were still very sleepy. Ethan took 12 cc and Sydney 2. It was a bit of a bummer. I caught this cute photo just before the feeding.

We had a great time cuddling them tonight because they were too sleepy to eat.


After the feeding and putting them in the bed, Ethan had quite a few burps and was crying a lot. They don't cry too often, so it was sweet to hear him crying. I grabbed him out of his bed and burped him for a 25 minutes or so until he calmed down. Even though it approached midnight, it felt like a great gift to have the opportunity to calm my baby. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The nurse seemed surprised that we didn't want to leave and get sleep (even though I really want more sleep lately). I told her that this is something that I miss--having them in the hospital--that I cannot comfort them when they're crying. A little tired tonight, but it was so worth it.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

i am so glad i got to come see them last night! they are SO cute! even cuter than the pictures look!!! i just wish i could reach through that glass and cuddle them too! love you guys! no more bradys and come home so i can see you before i leave and don't come back for like a year! (i think i might have to come back a lot before cam starts kindergarten in the fall and i can't go anywhere!)

jenn said...

so precious! i am so happy to hear that they are eating well. that pic is priceless. hopefully my car gets fixed by tomorrow so i can come visit on thursday.

Natalie said...

Such a cute picture. I hope Ethan gets the message...they are getting so close!

Our Family said...

I can't believe how much they've grown! their little cheeks are getting some cute chunkiness! we'll see you in a few weeks! love ya! kate

Joy Bells said...

It was so fun to see them again last night. I still think you should check with the doctor to see if they can get the needed calcium another way-like can you take more in yourself? Do they need to re-adjust Ethan's feeding tube like they did Sydneys-maybe his is not at the right point or something. We keep praying for them, and for for the two of you.!

Lynda said...

Cutier by the day! I love Ethan's Rock star cast , his other little leg even looks chunky! And the pic from last night... Sydney's little chubby , so sweet!give them a kiss from me too!